We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team of enthusiastic booksellers as Store Manager for Pittsburgh’s newest bookstore. This is a full-time position with responsibilities in personnel supervision and marketing (inside and outside the store) and shared accountability for book buying, inventory management, and event management. Initiative, problem solving and excitement about growing a new independent bookstore are necessary attributes for a successful candidate
The person in this position will be responsible for all facets of day-to-day management of the store and supervision of Riverstone team members. The responsibilities include:
- Manage scheduling process and ensure schedules provide appropriate coverage throughout the day and the year;
- Ensure a superior customer service experience for all of our customers through:
- Training new team members and developing our current team;
- Working on the on the floor directly with customers;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a team;
- Monitoring our on-line presence; and
- Supporting recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified applicants.
- Manage the visual presentation of the store to create an exciting shopping environment for customers through seasonal and event-driven displays, table and shelf rotations;
- Supervise back of house functions and contribute to maintaining accurate inventory and records;
- Ensure the safety of bookstore funds, assets, personnel, customers, and property;
- Coordinate with the Buyer and Owner to assure backlist replenishment and timely frontlist ordering;
- Work with the Event Coordinators to plan and execute all events, including onsite and off-site ticketed events;
- Must be PC literate with MS Office (including Word and Excel) and have experience with retail POS inventory software (Booklog preferred).
Candidates should have a BA and a minimum of two years of experience in book retail or publishing and other retail experience; be able to work autonomously; have stellar written and verbal communication skills; have a professional demeanor; and be able to work well under pressure. This position will report to the owner. Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to Barbara@riverstonebookstore.com. We will be accepting applications until February 25.
About Riverstone Books – We are located just north of the city of Pittsburgh and are a large indie bookstore, furnished with cozy chairs, a warm ambiance and a reading nook for kids and those who are young at heart. We sell new books and gifts. We are Pittsburgh’s newest and largest independent bookstore and we are ready to accelerate our contribution to the literary life of our neighborhood.