Riverstone Bookstore is Hiring!
Join our team - check out our current openings by clicking on the job titles below.
We are looking for a passionate, customer service-oriented, well-spoken, well-read, fun, engaging, all-around book whisperer to work part-time in our bookstore! The position is for weekends primarily with some time during the week as well. We have a minimum of 15 hours/week up to a maximum of 30 hours/week available. Seeking applicants who have an ability to learn, work well with others, are detail-oriented, and can engage with customers about current literature. (And who would also be excited to dress up for the occasional Harry Potter or Jane Austen party.)
Booksellers are the heart and soul of a bookstore, and as an independent neighborhood bookstore, we strive for a naturally friendly and welcoming attitude that starts with attention to customer service. You should feel comfortable talking about and hand selling a range of books, but you may have a specialization in one particular age group or genre.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Customer Service – includes greeting customers, making recommendations, finding and obtaining books not in stock, and knowledge of store inventory.
- Point of sale transactions.
- Shelving books.
- Assist in creating displays.
- Help keep store clean and organized.
- Assist before, during, and after in-store events.
- Wrapping gifts.
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to learn the Point of Sale system and inventory database.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift up to 30 pounds and be on your feet up to 6 hours per shift.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Problem solving; able to take ownership of all interactions.
- Ability to multi-task.
Previous bookselling experience is a plus, as is experience in a library, educational, or other retail setting. Weekend availability is required as well as some nights; hours and daily schedule may vary.
If you are interested, please fill out our or send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to join the Riverstone team to email@example.com.